Technology is very big industry led by thousands of small and big enterprises. This industry also has some strange things happened in past on their road map. Here is a complete list of to 25 unknown and strange Technology facts about the industry and some major tech giants.
Also Read: Everything You Need To Know About 5G
These technology facts are mostly unknown and strange collected from all over internet based on its popularity among readers.
Top 25 Unknown Technology Facts
- In 1965, 5 Megabyte (5MB) weighed a ton.
- First smartwatch concept was made by Samsung in 1990’s.
- The founder of PNG image format wants to call it as “Ping”
- Almost no one in Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda & Bangladesh owns landline telephones.
- Snapchat users spend 30 minutes per day on average using the app, and generated over 3 billion snaps per day.
- Apple and Microsoft were partners during 1980s. They were working together for Graphical Interface Systems (Now called as MacOS & Windows).
- Keyhoke Inc. is a company which developed a product called earth viewer which gave 3D view of earth. Google acquired it and renamed Google Earth on 2005.
- The domain name YouTube.com was registered on 14 February 2005.
- Apple has more cash than US Government’s treasury.
- Human eye is equal to 576 mega pixel camera. – Technology Facts
- The first tweet was sent on March 21, 2006 by Jack Dorsey.
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word which can be a type with letters on single row on Qwerty keyboard.
- Inside original Macintosh case you will find 47 signatures for each members of Apple’s Macintosh division in 1982.
- 99% Google’s profit comes from Google Advertising programs such as Google Ads.
- Dell Inc. was originally called as PCs Limited.
- 90% of messages are read within 3 minutes of it being delivered.
- Amazon’s current logo was designed to depict a smile that goes from A to Z. This signifies that the company is wiling to deliver everything to everyone, anywhere in the world.
- Phandroid.com is the first android focused website in the world. – Technology Facts
- Flipkart search engine is called “Sherlock”
- Techno-phobia is actually a fear of technology.
- Google servers releases almost 200 Tons of CO2 per day performing an estimate 1 Billion searches everyday.
- Bluetooth is named after a Danish king Harold Bluetooth as he ate so many blue berries that his teeth stained blue. The Bluetooth logo is also combination of king’s runic initials.
- The first cell phone sold in United States was the Motorola DynaTAC 8000X and was designed by Rudy Krolopp in April of 1984.
- A computed powerful as of human brain would be able to perform 38 thousand trillion operations per secs and hold about 3584 Terabytes of memory.
- Google wanted to sell itself to online company called Excite in 1999 for $1 Million, but the Excite CEO rejected the offer.
You May Also Like: How To Read Deleted Messages In WhatsApp 2018
If you like this Technology facts do share this with your friends also follow us on Instagram @the_mind_feed we share daily Technology facts, Hacks and Useful apps and websites.