Do you use Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate? If yes then you must be knowing that the one and only limitation of Let’s Encrypt SSL is its less validity and hence you need to Renew Let’s Encrypt Certificate once in three months. Therefore here is a complete guide showing how to Renew Let’s encrypt Certificate in 2018.
Also Read: How To Get Free Web Hosting For Lifetime
How To Renew Let’s Encrypt Certificate
- Visit and login to your hosting account and open cPanel. Now, search for SSL/TLS under “Security” and click to open. As shown below.
- Now keep this windows open in the background and open another tab and search “SSL for free“.
- Open first link (Click Here to Visit) and enter your domain name, click “Create Free SSL certificate“
- Now, click on “Manual Verification” and then “Manually Verify Domain” in order to renew Let’s Encrypt certificate.
- Both the manual methods are shown below choose anyone which is easy for you.
Method-I (Using Upload Verification Files)
- Once you open the tab (Manual Verification) click on both files “Download File 1 & 2” to download.
- Now, simply open cPanel and go to file manager and create two folders (.well-known & acme-challenge) in your website home directory. As shown below. If you see error while creating folder it means the folder already exist, simply search and upload files to location.
- After all files are uploaded simply visit the links as shown below. If you see the same code as of name on files you uploaded, then congratulations you have verified your site now simply click on “Download Certificate” If your site is verified skip to “Final Installation” If not verified try next method.
- Here a page will open containing all your Certificate, Private Key and CA Bundle. As shown below.
Method-II (Using DNS Text Record)
- Once you open the tab (Manual Verification DNS) simply copy following text and open cPanel from hosting account.
- In cPanel search for “Zone Editor” and click to open it to renew Let’s Encrypt certificate. As shown below.
- Once the page is open click “Manage” to add new “TXT Record” and both TXT Record as shown below. Keep TTL as “1” to make changes fast. similarly add another one.
- After you added both the TXT Record click the links below to verifiy and renew Let’s Encrypt certificate. As shown below.
- If everything is correct you will see same value you added in TXT Record. Once the verification is done click “Download Certificate” Here a page will open containg all your Certificate, Private Key and CA Bundle. As shown below.
- Now, open the tab we open previously of “SSL/TLS” at begining of this tutorial.
- Here,under “Install and Manage SSL for your site (HTTPS)” click “Manage SSL Sites” to renew Let’s Encrypt Certificate. As shown below.
- In Manage section, Click on “Update Certificate” and copy all the deatils such as Certificate, Private key and CA Bundle to cPanel. Once done copying Click “Install Certificate” and wait few secs. Once completed you will see a pop up as shown below.