Security is one of the biggest issues nowadays, not physical security but the digital. Yes, the internet has grown to a huge extent that people started uploading their all information online. Recently you might hear about data leaks and hacking issues. This is nothing but lack in the security of online portals like website, blog, community and etc. The best and prime way to secure your online property is installing an SSL certificate. The SSL certificate may cause you about $100/Yr hence if you are new to the online world you can use free SSL certificate like Let’s Encrypt free SSL certificate.
Also Read: How to Get Free SSL For Lifetime (Comodo CA SSL)
The only limitation of this free SSL certificate is you need to renew Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate once in 3 months. After completion of 3 months, you need to repeat the same procedure mentioned below.
How To Install Let’s Encrypt Free SSL Certificate
- Visit SSL For Free and enter your domain name. As shown below.
- Click “Create Free SSL Certificate” and wait a few secs, now you will see three different methods to verify your domain. Select “Manual Verification (Files Upload)” method and click “Manually verify domain” As shown below.
- Download 2 files as shown below. Once the files are downloaded visit and log in to your hosting cPanel.
- In your cPanel open “File Manager” and search “.well-known” if you don’t find any such folder create one. If you use Windows hosting you may have to add a dot at the end of the folder name in succession to create a folder with a dot at the start. As shown below.
- Similarly, create “acme-challenge” folder under “.well_known” and upload 2 files you just downloaded. Once the files are uploaded click the links from SSL for free page. If you see random alpha-numeric no. you can begin with downloading SSL certificate. Click “Download SSL Certificate”
- Once you download SSL certificate extract the zip you will see files as shown below.
- Now, login to your cPanel, scroll down till “Security” and open “SSL/TLS” as shown below.
- Click and open “Manage SSL Sites” under Install and Manage SSL for your site (HTTPS). As shown below.
- Scroll down and select domain to install free SSL certificate. Now open “Certificate” file from extracted zip and paste in “Certificate: (CRT)” in cPanel. similarly, copy and paste “Private” and “CA_Bundle” to “Private Key (KEY)” and “Certificate Authority Bundle: (BUNDLE)” respectively. As shown below.
- Once all spaces are filled simply click “Install Certificate” and wait a few minutes. After the process is completed you Let’s Encrypt free SSL certificate is installed.
If you find any difficulty during installation process feel free to comment down below.