Python is one of the most popular and easy programming languages. Python growing rapidly because it can be learned without any prior coding skills. The concept of Python derived in 1989 by its author Guido van Rossum. Therefore, today Python is adopted by some major corporations like Google, Facebook, Dropbox, Yahoo and etc. Python is useful for web programming, desktop apps development and more. If you want to learn Python the first step is to install Python. Therefore here is a complete guide on how to download and install Python on Windows 10.
Why Anaconda Python?
Anaconda (Python distribution), Anaconda is a free and open-source distribution of the Python and R programming languages for data science and machine learning related applications (large-scale data processing, predictive analytics, scientific computing), that aims to simplify package management and deployment.
Information Source: Wikipedia
How To Download Python For Windows 10
- Visit Anaconda.org and head towards “Download Anaconda” and click to visit. As shown below.
- Here you will see three options, Windows, Mac and Linux. Select Windows and click on “Download” below version 3.6 or 2.7 whichever you want to download. As shown below.
- Now, a popup will open click on “Save File” and wait till download complete. Once the setup is downloaded you can install python by following tutorial below.
How To Install Python On Windows 10
- Double click and open Python setup file. Click “Next“, read all licensing terms & conditions and click “I Agree“
- Now, you need to mention for what purpose you want to install python. Click on install for “Just Me” (If you want to install for all users to choose another option)
- Select the destination folder and click “Next” as shown below.
- As shown below, keep all settings as it is and click on “Install” to install Python. Click the “Next” button.
- Optional: Install VS Code, Click “Install Microsoft VS Code” and once finished click “Next” as shown below. (This step requires internet connection). Or if you don’t want to install VS Code, simply click “Skip“
- The installation process is completed. You will see a popup showing a successful installation.